[Grid Edge Innovation Summit – SFO, CA] Watch REstore, Greensync and Enbala discuss the VPP of the Future.
Past week’s Grid Edge Innovation Summit organised by Greentech Media brought together Greensync’s founder Phil Blythe, REstore’s co-founder Jan-Willem Rombouts and Enbala’s CEO Arthur Vos over a highly engaging panel session, to discuss how utilities are controlling DERs with microgrids and DERMS.
Some key-topics covered in this discussion:
– The differences and similarities between VPPs and DERMS
– The evolving role of advanced, real-time Demand Response globally
– The importance of behind the meter and synthetic pooling of all types of flexible assets
– How to provide value for the customer (Value Stacking) as a driver to get more flex in the market
– Overwinning challenges at both levels: local – as in the level of the distribution grid – and at the level of the ISO
Elta Kolo, Ph.D. Research Manager at Greentech Media, specialized in smart grids, moderated the session. Grid Edge Innovation Summit is the leading future energy conference that will examine the energy customer of tomorrow and how new innovative business models are quickly emerging. This year’s edition took place on June 20-12 in San Francisco, CA.