Senior Data Scientist
Purpose of your function
To strengthen and complement our first-class development teams, REstore seeks a data scientist with proven professional experience who will assume a leading role in the development of REstore’s proprietary machine learning models and optimisation algorithms.
Your tasks & responsibilities
The successful candidate will be developing REstore’s ML platform to help industrial and residential power consumers use renewable energy more effectively;
- Apply data analysis and visualization techniques to gain insight into energy, household appliance and industrial process data,
- Forecast short and long term energy markets,
- Develop machine learning and optimization techniques for automating demand response decisions,
- Analyse new business models top-to-bottom in a data-driven manner.
Master or PhD in computer science, engineering, mathematics or physics.
Experience and technical competences:
- Proven industry / research experience in a quantitative role (minimum 5 years), with a focus on machine learning / data mining.
- You can identify, acquire, clean and manage the data that you need for your models efficiently.
- You can translate real-world prediction problems into automated real-time forecasting solutions.
- You are current on state-of-the art neural nets and ensemble methods and can integrate them into production systems.
- You are an expert at forecasting time series.
- You understand statistics in a practical way.
- You can express your ideas in Python and/or Scala.
- Experience in a leading technology company is a must.
- Deliverable-focussed with a pragmatic and business-focussed attitude,
- Thrive in a high-pressure and high-energy start-up,
- Mentor more junior team members to maximize their potential,
- Eager to look for creative solutions using state of the art techniques.
An opportunity to:
- Work together to make a more sustainable energy industry, allowing growth of renewable energy and implementing energy efficiency systems,
- Become part of a leading technology company, whose solutions currently save the carbon pollution equivalent of 250,000 cars per year.
- Become part of a high calibre team of software developers and data scientists, where your creative input will have a visible and immediate impact,
- Work flexible hours, divide time @ Work and @ Home.
Beyond this, the candidate will be offered an above-market remuneration package.