Senior Scala Developer
Purpose of your function
Reinforce the Scala/Java development team to support expanding the business through new services and coverage of a wider geographic area. The development work will focus on the mission critical back-end Scala code of our patented FlexPond and FlexTreo platforms.
Your tasks & responsibilities
The successful candidate will be active in many parts of the code with principal focus on, but not limited to, back-end Scala microservices. Depending on the skill and preference of the developer, he or she will have the opportunity to work on big-data streaming frameworks, data analysis and visualization tools, machine learning algorithms, microservice architecture management, etc.
As a Scala/Java developer, you will:
- Have the final responsibility to deliver quality software with the highest requirements towards reliability and availability
- Take ownership of stories, starting from a high-level description by the product owner, up to validating the feature in production
- Work together with the development team, the product owner, business owners (…) to accomplish the above
- Take an active role in functional, technical design and architectural discussions
- Explore new tools and frameworks to adopt in the REstore technology toolbox
You have a proven industry experience as a Java or Scala developer (+5y), preferably with a track record of implementation in complex environments with high reliability and performance standards.
- Expert knowledge of Java is required
- Experience with functional programming is required (Scala, Haskell, Java 8…)
- Expert knowledge of Scala, or the intention of building up such knowledge
- Basic knowledge of Linux is required
- Knowledge of Akka, Kafka, Cassandra, AngularJs, Python is a plus
Master in a relevant field, such as Computer Science, Civil Engineering or Applied Engineering (“Industrieel Ingenieur”). Other exceptional candidates with proven track record will be considered.
An opportunity to:
- Become part of a high potential technology company creating a sustainable energy market
- Become part of a high caliber team of software developers and data scientists, where your creative input will have a high impact
- Work flexible hours, divide time @Work and @Home