Quantitative Developer (2 positions)
Purpose of your function
To strengthen and complement our first-class development team, REstore seeks a highly skilled and motivated quantitative developer who will assume a leading role in the development of REstore’s proprietary control and optimisation algorithms.
Your tasks & responsibilities
The successful candidate will be developing new optimisation and control algorithms in the area of automated real-time demand response.
- You write optimisation routines to allocate resources to portfolios of industrials loads,
- you design, implement and maintain control loops to modulate power usage in real-time,
- you apply data analysis and visualization techniques to gain insight into data.
Master or PhD in computer science, engineering, mathematics or physics.
Experience and technical competences:
- You have a proven industry / research experience in a quantitative role (minimum 5 years), with a focus on linear, integer, convex, and distributed optimisation techniques.
- You’re experienced with large-scale Mixed Integer Linear Programming and related decomposition techniques.
- You can translate real-world problems into automated real-time decision solutions.
- You can build decision algorithms which work efficiently in regimes with high uncertainty.
- You have +3 years of professional experience in object-oriented and/or functional programming (preferably Scala, Java and/or Python).
- You have experience in a leading technology company, preferably in the energy sector.
- You are deliverable-focussed with a pragmatic and business-oriented attitude.
- You are a team player, yet able to work independently.
- You thrive in a high-pressure, high-energy start-up, and are
- You are eager to look for creative solutions using state of the art techniques.
An opportunity to:
- Become part of a high potential early stage technology company, whose solutions currently save the carbon pollution equivalent of 250,000 cars per year.
- Become part of a high calibre team of software developers, quantitative developers and data scientists, where your creative input will have a visible and immediate impact.
- Work flexible hours, divide time @work and @home.
- Work together to make a more sustainable energy industry, allowing growth of renewable energy and implementing energy efficiency systems.
Beyond this, the candidate will be offered an above-market remuneration package and benefits.