Junior Operational Data Analyst
REstore is one of the leading energy technology companies specialized in Demand Side Management. One of our main focuses is grouping industrial and commercial consumers into a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) and offer this VPP into the demand response markets.
In these constantly changing demand response markets a lot of asset data is collected which can be used to assess the performance of our demand response pools and learn from that to continuously improve.
For this purpose, we are looking for a hands-on data analyst who is capable of handling and interpreting complex time series data from various sources and build comprehensive reports out of that. Mind that we expect the person to be capable to work with tools ‘beyond Excel’ like scripting in Python (Pandas/Jupyter…), R, Matlab, SQL, Cassandra.
Your tasks & responsibilities
As an operational data analyst, you will work closely with trading, analytics and technology teams to:
- Supervise performance of automated, real-time demand response of individual assets and at pool-level, and drill down to identify root causes of underperformance
- Support global trading teams to make decisions related to pool composition, pool size and pricing
- Support field operations teams to assess performance of new assets
- Supervise performance of new algorithms, of new services put to market, or of entries in new markets
- Support time series intense financial settlement processes
- Build ad-hoc reports or extract data from our databases or external sources for trading, sales, operations, finance, analytics or technology teams
- Pro-actively propose product, technology and algorithm improvements to the product and technology team
- Hands-on experience with data analysis through a scripting language (python, R, matlab)
- Experience as a developer is a plus
- Experience in the energy sector is a plus
- Basic knowledge of a scripting/programming language is required (e.g. Java, Python, Matlab , R…)
- Basic knowledge of data-analysis is required (e.g. through R, SQL, Python Pandas, Tableau…)
- Eager to learn
- You are deliverable-focused with a pragmatic and business-oriented attitude,
- A team player, yet able to work independently
- You thrive in a high-pressure, high-energy environment.
Master in a relevant field, such as Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics.
An opportunity to:
- Become part of a high potential technology company creating a sustainable energy market
- A challenging role striving through data analytics towards operational excellence
- Ability to grow into a advanced data scientist or developer position
- Work flexible hours, divide time @Work and @Home