Machine learning expert
Purpose of your function
REstore is one of the leading energy technology companies specialized in Demand Side Management & Energy Optimization. We group industrial and commercial consumers into a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) and offer this VPP into the demand response markets. At the same time, we manage the energy cost of each customer to create a win-win for our customers and the environment.
To strengthen and complement our first-class development teams, REstore seeks a machine learning expert with proven professional experience who will assume a leading role in the development of REstore’s proprietary machine learning models and data science infrastructure.
Tasks & Responsibilities
As a machine learning expert at REstore, you will build models that help industrial & residential consumers use energy more efficiently & respond better to the availability of renewable energy;
- Develop machine learning and optimization techniques for automating demand response decisions,
- Develop automated trading strategies that take advantage of the flexibility of consumers,
- Apply data analysis and visualization techniques to gain insight into energy, household appliance and industrial process data.
Experience and technical competences:
- Proven industry / research experience in a quantitative role with a focus on machine learning / data science (+3 years),
- You can translate real-world prediction problems into automated real-time forecasting solutions.
- You have experience designing trading strategies or control policies,
- You have an interest in reinforcement learning & stochastic programming,
- You can manage large volumes of data efficiently,
- You are current on state-of-the art neural nets and ensemble methods and can integrate them in production systems.
- Experience in a leading technology company is a plus.
- You are deliverable-focused with a pragmatic and business-oriented attitude,
- a team player, yet able to work independently.
- You thrive in a high-pressure, high-energy environment, and are
- eager to look for creative solutions using state-of-the-art techniques.
Master or PhD in computer science, engineering, mathematics or physics.
An opportunity to:
- Become part of a high potential technology company creating a sustainable energy market
- Become part of a high caliber team of software developers and data scientists, where your creative input will have a high impact
- Work flexible hours, divide time @Work and @Home
Beyond this, the candidate will be offered an above-market remuneration package and benefits.